Sunday, November 24, 2013

Kenya Missions Trip Recap

Traveling to Kenya was an awesome experience for each of us.
 (Shown in the Picture L to R: Pastor C. Danny Johnson, Me, Georgita, and Lakeysha)


I realize this blog post is long overdue and you have been waiting patiently for me to inform you how my trip turned out. My plan was to send a video out as soon as I arrived back home. However, as soon as I landed I hit the ground running full speed then jet lag kicked in. I didn't know what hit me, I was sort of delirious. Despite all of that, I must have thought about sending this video out a thousand times since then.

 'Thanksgiving' is now upon us, but I must say the timing could not be better. Why? Because it is you that I am most THANKFUL for this holiday season.Your kindness and generosity have changed many lives. It was your support that made this trip possible to serve poverty stricken communities with food, medicine, and exercise tools. I am so thankful you decided to take this journey to Kenya with me. It was your prayers and donations that made each of the moments captured in the video and in my heart special.

I recently had an opportunity to share pictures and stories with nearby friends over Kenyan tea 'Chai time' and desserts. I later put together this short video for our church as we celebrated Mission Sunday. The hope was to capture the moments that had the greatest impact as well as introduce you to the Pastors, clinic staff, the Massai, and Mkamba people. AND now it's your turn to experience Kenya ... through my eyes.

I am so thankful for You!

Blessed (favored; happy) are those (YOU) who consider the poor. -Psalm 41:1

Enjoy
Mrs. Nez


No comments: